The giant panda bear loves to eat bamboo, so much so that 95% of their diet consists of this single food! For a single giant panda bear that means 30 - 45 pounds of bamboo every day! Even a giant panda bear cub can eat 5 - 10 pounds of bamboo a day! So much for variety in your diet. Source an for more information on the giant panda bear.
Why the Giant Panda Bear is Endangered
The giant panda bear is endangered primarily because of habitat destrictution due to deforestation and farming. Poaching is another threat. The giant panda bear lives in restricted mountainous habitats in China. There is estimated to be less than 1000 giant panda bears living in the wild.
Help Save the Endangered Giant Panda Bear
- Adopt a giant panda bear, which also includes a stuffed giant panda bear at WWF
- Hold a Giant Panda Bear party, kit includes a panda bear poster and panda bear gifts for your guests
- Volunteer with the giant panda bears
- Adopt a giant panda bear, which includes a giant panda bear poster at Pandas International
- Sign a Giant Panda Bear petition to stop the Against Exploitation Display of Pandas by Vegas Casino
Help Save Animals
Volunteer Work with Animals
Books About Animals
Giant panda bear picture courtesy of: atlassb